Approximately 150 participants are expected, including 20 African Ministers of Education, ICT and Science and Technology.
The Ministerial Forum on ICT Integration in Education and Training is a platform for regional high-level policy dialogue and knowledge sharing on how to effectively and efficiently integrate ICTs to:
- Provide universal access to quality education and relevant lifelong learning opportunities to all Africans
- Equip learners with skills that empower them to become full actors of knowledge society
- Promote, through education, a culture of digital literacy and creativity necessary for Africa to build innovation capacity.
Panels will explore the following themes:
- Empowering marginalized populations through ICT-driven education initiatives
- ICT applications in STEM teaching/learning
- ICTs and TVSD for youth employment and entrepreneurship: promising models
- ICT integration, distributed Leadership and policy coherence
- Inclusive knowledge societies and the role of Education and ICTs