EVENT: The African Forum for Youth Skills and Enterprise in the Digital Age
VENUE: Tunis, Tunisia
DATE: 18-19 April 2018
The following outcomes are expected from the forum:
- Developing a shared and commanding understanding of how digital technologies can be leveraged for skilling the youth and empowering them to create enterprise in the digital era and lead the socio-economic transformation of their communities.
- Sharing knowledge, experiences, good practices and lessons learnt to better inform policies and programmes aiming at skilling the youth and enterprise creation in the digital age.
- Raising awareness on the necessity to build strong skill sets and volunteer political commitment to explore innovative approaches for leveraging digital technologies for youth skilling and enterprise creation.
- Promoting youth digital skills and enterprise high level policy dialogue platform and network that includes the public sector (ministries, agencies and institutions in charge of vocational education and youth, Regional Economic Communities - RECs); development cooperation agencies and international organizations; private sector; civil society and youth organizations. Such a policy platform and network are necessary for the development of the ecosystem that will foster partnerships to advance policy and strategy development and implementation.
- Sharing Youth’s digital skills development and enterprise creation strategies to help address youth unemployment and bridging the skills gap within Africa by identifying game-changing experiences and lessons learnt.
- Creating a platform for the promotion of the competitiveness and attractiveness of TVET sectors across Africa by identifying innovative and creative skills through an “African creative skills competition”.
More details available at : http://digitalskills4africanyouth.org/