Programmes and Projects
Our work is often programme-based, consisting of several inter-related projects cutting across our various work streams of capacity development, rendering technical advice and innovation work. This is because we believe in working with a whole-system approach in order to achieve maximum impact and maximize the benefits.
Our current and past programmes and projects are listed below . Please click on each for further information.
Current programmes and projects
- African Leadership in ICT (ALICT) programme (building the capacity of future leaders in Africa on knowledge society development issues)
- Using ICT to improve teaching and learning Science, Mathematics and English in Tanzania
- Technical Assistance to Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Ministry of Youth and Sports of Kenya (developing a strategy for ICT for technical and vocational education in Kenya)
Past programmes and projects
- Support to National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) Kenya for the development of the National e-waste guidelines
- Technical Assistance to Bolivia (developing ICT4E strategy, technology deployment planning)
- Technical Assistance to Rwanda (developing national ICT4E policy and strategy, institutional capacity building, developing national teacher ICT competency framework, developing electronic teaching and learning resources)
- GeSCI support to India's Federal Government
- Technical Assistance to Namibia (developing ICT4E strategy and plan for implementation of ICT4E policy, designing and developing educational internet service provider (national research and education network), developing ICT teacher training programmes, monitoring and evaluation work)
- Developing a policy for ICT in Education for India Federal Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Multi-stakeholder partnership on ICT in Rajasthan, India
- Technical Assistance to Ghana (developing national ICT4E policy and strategy, institutional capacity building, developing national curriculum framework and computer studies curriculum)
- African Knowledge Exchange (AKE) programme (promoting peer-to-peer learning and knowledge exchange on critical ICT in education issues among countries in Africa)
- Developing Kenya eLearning Center for Department of eGovernment, Kenya
- Ghana Skills and Technology Development Programme (project coordination and preparation)
- Developing ICT Teacher Competency Standards for Nigeria and Tanzania
- Appraisal of Southern African Development Community (SADC) Open and Distance Learning Programme.
Major research and knowledge products
- The Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) toolkit which aids governments in costing and budgeting for ICTs in Education;
- The Content Evaluation tool which aids Ministries and schools in selecting appropriate electronic content for teaching and learning;
Professional Development matrix which helps ministries with developing
strategies for the professional development of teachers to enable them use ICT
appropriately in teaching and learning.
- Meta-Review of ICT in Education: a comprehensive review of the literature on ICT in Education
- Situational Analysis and e-readiness surveys of ICT in Education in various countries including Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana