Côte d'Ivoire ADSI Project
The Government of Côte D’Ivoire recognizes the potential for the use of ICT to improve the quality of education, training and research. Now the critical need is to focus on building student competencies in:
- Science, Technology, English and Mathematics (STEM)
- Skills to innovate,create and work in teams
- Skills for higher order thinking, analysis and synthesis
- Developing an entrepreneurial mentality to exploit the business and self- employment opportunities that the digital world already presents
- GESCI will implement its ‘African Digital Schools Initiative (ADSI) program in Côte d’Ivoire, with the objective of developing digital schools of excellence, through the relevant and efficient use of ICT.
Key characteristics of ADSI schools are quality teaching and learning of Science, Technology and English (STEM) subjects, the effective acquisition of 21st century skills by students and whole school development facilitating the successful integration of ICTs at all levels of the school.
ADSI will reach out to 20 secondary schools in Côte d’Ivoire starting 2017.