On 16th March 2017,an MOU set to run for 3 years, was signed in Dakar, Senegal by GESCI’s Chief Executive Officer, Jerome Morrissey and His Excellency, Minister of Primary,Secondary and Professional Education of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mr. Gaston Musemena BONGALA.
The signing took place during the ADEA Triennale 2017 entitled “ Revitalizing Education towards the 2030 Global Agenda and Africa’s Agenda 2063.”
This MOU aims at capitalizing on the strengths of GESCI and MoPSPE of the Democratic Republic of the Congo to jointly develop project/programme proposals and to implement strategies in the areas of ICT integration in Education with a special focus on GESCI’s African Digital Schools Initiative (ADSI) programme and leadership for ICT and knowledge society capacity building for senior staff of the ministries.
GESCI and the Ministry of Primary, Secondary and Professional Education have therefore agreed to :
- Coordinate efforts to achieve goals and objectives arrested by a common agreement ;
- Implement methodologies to integrate Information and Communication Technology in teaching Learning to contribute to the transformation of the Primary, Secondary and Professional Education
- Implement progrmmes in leadership for knowledge society development among senior officials and managers:
- Jointly design and implement ICT – based skills development courses for youth in new areas of employment and start-up creation;
- Share and promote good practices between the two institutions and among others actors and stakeholders.
GESCI seeks to implement this in line with it’s mission is to strengthen capacity building, strategic as well as offer technical assistance to developing countries in exploiting the enormous potential of digital technologies to improve key features of Education and training in line with the strategic development goals.